Nourish your soul with a self-care practice aligned with your human design type.
You're incredibly complex: You've got your own way of perceiving the world, you’ve got your weird human quirks, and you've also got your innate gifts that only you can embody and express. You've also got some life lessons to work through that have come along to catalyze your growth.
What if I told you there was a map that could give you insight into the exact way your energy was designed to work so that you could experience more ease, pleasure, and flow in your life?
Well beautiful soul, I am happy to share that there is! Enter Human Design.
Human Design is a natal chart system that gives you the blueprint to how your energy is designed to thrive. It’s important to note that it’s not a personality test, instead, your chart that is calculated based on your birth date, birth time, and birth place. Human Design is a layered system comprised of the Chinese I’Ching, the Hindu Chakra system, the Kabbalah Tree of Life, Western Astrology, and quantum mechanics. If you’re wondering where it came from, human design was channeled in 1987 by a man named Robert Alan Krakauwer (who later changed his name to Ra Uru Hu).
Your Human Design chart celebrates your individual essence and self-expression, highlights the key way your intuition speaks to you, and reveals the framework to how your energy works.
To put it simply, your human design chart reveals your magic and gives you an invitation to own it.
For those who are drawn to this mystical tool, it can really transform the way you connect with your inner wisdom and how you approach life.
Where to start with human design
Because the Human Design system is a fusion of so many modalities, there’s a lot going on in your chart and it can appear as overwhelming at first! Don’t worry, you don’t have to figure it all out right away. In this post, we’re going to explore self-care possibilities for each of the five human design types.
Manifestor types are independent visionaries who are here to activate those around them. They have the capacity to pioneer a new way of doing things and give birth to solutions that will propel their community forward. Because of their radiant independence, manifestor types are often be misunderstood, especially by those who don’t understand their vision. Out of fear of being disliked, a manifestor type might be afraid to express their authenticity, but it is exactly their authenticity that will benefit the collective at large!
Self-care for the manifestor type:
- Consider experimenting with a hobby that allows you to express your unique vision.
- You work best in bursts. Instead of forcing yourself to push through something, try setting up pockets of rest throughout your day. You’ll be more effective when you give yourself time to recharge.
- Before bed, give yourself ample alone time to wind down before you fall asleep. Spend this time doing whatever feels nourishing to you.
A Self Ceremony product you might enjoy is the Alivio herbal salt blend. I love that it has Skullcap in it. Give it a try when you’re looking to tend to your inner world and replenish your emotional energy.
Generator types are magnetic beings who are here to light up the world as they align with their happiness. They have the capacity to sustain their creative endeavors through to the end (no matter the highs or lows along the way). Because of their ability to follow through the long haul, generator types can often dim their light by committing to something just because they can do it and not because they’re absolutely in love with it. But for a generator type to truly access the level of pleasure they were designed to know, we need generators who are willing to indulge in their happiness!
Self-care for the generator type:
- Give yourself a day, completely to yourself, where you let your gut guide you. Tune in to your body and get familiar with what that feel good, uh-huh worthy, Yes! feels like for you.
- You’ve got loads of energy! Practice movement that feels satisfying to your body—in whatever way that means for you.
- For you to rest well through the night, it’s important you exhaust it all through the end of each day. If you’re in a pinch, try stretching or doing some jumping jacks to help you get all that energy out. And, you can always masturbate.
Check out the mini Quartz pleasure wand! It’s mini size can be great way to ease into your own self-pleasure practice. Allow the energy of rose quartz to open you to your own pleasure.
Manifesting Generators are creative whirlwinds who are here to inspire creativity through their unique way doing things. They have the capacity to do lots of things at once, in fact, their energy really thrives when they can multitask and pursue the passions that light them up in the moment—even if it means not following through to the end like they thought they would. It’s important that they trust their internal compass that lets them know their passion has moved on to something else. It’s okay to go about it in your own way! A manifesting generator who delights in what brings them pleasure will light up the world.
Self-care for the manifesting generator type:
- Give yourself permission to experiment with different hobbies to get a taste for first before committing. Try a drop-in yoga class before committing to the 3-month membership.
- Get in tune with your body to discern when the passion for something is there versus when it’s not. Let yourself have a range of activities you can pick and choose from at any given time.
- You have loads of energy! See what feels good for your body by the end of the day. If you find you have trouble sleeping, experiment with adding more movement (that feels good and nourishing to your body) into your day.
Consider adding the mini Aventurine pleasure wand to your personal Self Ceremony. The energy of Aventurine can ease the angst that comes with taking those perfectly aligned manifesting generator risks.
Projectors are perceptive problem solvers who are here to help others find their focus and maximize their potential. They have the capacity to see the big picture, distill it down, and solve problems efficiently. Generally, projectors might find that their gifts are best suited for opportunities that allow them to guide and oversee, but if they don’t honor their capacity, they might find themselves especially prone to burnout. It’s important that the projector type honors their energetic capacity and gives themselves the rest their energy is designed for.
Self-care for the projector type:
- Find your fun! Projectors notoriously love to focus on their work, but give yourself to pleasure and play. Experiment with new hobbies that you can completely absorb in.
- You work best in short bursts. Let yourself have spaces of rest in between periods of focused work. You’ll find that you can get more done in your focused time.
- Give yourself ample time to clear your energy field, especially at the end of the day. You might find that alone time is exactly what you need to feel like yourself again.
Projectors, add this lovely Jade Eye mask to your self-care practice and you will be so glad you did. This is like a (gentle) weighted blanket for your face! It’s so soothing and grounding, perfect for when you just need to stop the hustle and slow down.
Reflectors are sensitive beings who have the unique capacity to reflect the energy of their community and the world around them. They are the rarest of all the types and, whereas the other types are solar beings, reflectors have an intimate connectedness to the cycles of the moon: they are lunar beings. The most important thing for a reflector is that they put themselves in a healthy community and environment that feels good and nourishing to them. If they don’t, they will likely feel the pains of disappointment, rather than the pleasure of surprise they are suited for.
Self-care for reflector types:
- Find a physical place that feels supportive, grounding, and energizing to you. Bring elements of your favorite place into your home to help you feel even more at ease in your everyday.
- You might enjoy using a moon journal to get familiar with the lunar cycle of the moon. If you’re considering an especially big decision, allow yourself the ample time you need to process it. Observe how the lunar cycle can bring you clarity.
- Because of your sensitive nature, give yourself ample time to clear your energy field, especially at the end of the day. You might find that loads of alone time is exactly what you need to feel like yourself again.
If ever you’re feeling overstimulated and you just need a dose of luxurious nourishment, consider treating yourself to an at home spa day, starting off with the Botanical Facial Steam. This lush facial steam can be a soothing way to recenter to help you come back home to yourself.
Go with what feels empowering and nourishing to you!
Living in flow with your Human Design is meant to be an experiment (not a rule book), and you’re the one in charge. Go with what feels empowering and lean into whatever resonates with you, be free to leave the rest.
I personally believe the pleasure we can each access through self-honoring masturbation can bring healing and pleasure for all, no matter your human design type! These self-care suggestions are not prescriptive. Trust your intuition to guide you to exactly what feels right to you.
Feeling pulled to take your Self Ceremony to the next level? Consider gifting yourself the Self Love set.
Willow Rising is a self-taught human design reader, energy worker, and self-care practitioner. She helps heart-led people master their energy by so they can live clear, confident, empowered lives. Through human design chart readings and one-on-one coaching, she holds space for those seeking to connect with their higher selves and life mission. She equips her clients with tools to return to their inner power, in harmony with their truth.