Body Blessing Oil
Our bodies hold memories of all of our experiences. A self-massage is a fantastic way to cultivate a deep non-verbal relationship with the emotional energies residing in the body.
Body Blessing Oil is an invitation to bless each part of your body with touch,
a way of transmitting a message of love, respect and reverence.
Organic rose + helichrysum (Immortelle) + yarrow + calendula infused in oils of safflower, apricot kernel, sweet almond, jojoba, olive, rosehip and vitamin E. Please read the ingredients tab for more information on each botanical.
- 100% plant-based with no synthetic ingredients, preservatives or fragrances
- 2 fl oz amber glass jar with dropper
- naturally light scented, no added essential oils - the plant medicine takes the spotlight!
- for all skin types
- Includes An Invitation: a printed guide to self-massage.
Using herb-infused oils is a profoundly healing, deeply sensual form of self care, and a simple way to bring back the ancient practice of integrating plant medicine into your life. A self-massage with herbal infused oil soothes the nervous system into a state of calm and relaxation that sustains over time, a deep full body resetting practice.
A note on our process:
Our cold-pressed oils are slowly infused over at least one moon cycle. Made in small batches to maintain high standards of artisanal production.
- ROSE: Nurtures and soothes the skin and the soul. A tried and true ally for grief of all kinds, it has the wonderful ability to soften the heart and hold space for our own softness.
Rose is a sensual delight, bringing a sense of joy, ease, protection, and self compassion, especially for individuals experiencing anxiety, anger, and negative self talk.
- YARROW: Soothes sore muscles and bruises, brings energy to areas of stagnation. Relieves tender breast and nipple tissue.
Its healing capacity is not only effective for the skin, it runs deep, helping us face all kinds of wounds, guiding us to integrate them so that we may transform. An ally for protection and the strengthening of boundaries, Yarrow provides us with courage and perseverance so that we may go out into the world with strength and fortitude.
Susan Weed writes, “Women have noted that consistent use of yarrow oil seems to prevent the growth of new blood vessels that cancerous tumors need for growth.”
- CALENDULA: A wonderful vulnerary (wound healer), softens and soothes the skin. Absolutely amazing at cooling inflammation. High in allantoin—an herbal constituent which promotes healthy cell proliferation, as well as rich in antioxidants.
- HELICHRYSUM is also a successful skin rejuvenator. Applied topically it helps minimize scar tissue and heal acne conditions. Wounds and cuts are greatly improved with its deep cleansing action.
Because helichrysum is a plant that enjoys the sun, it’s connected with the solar plexus energies. Also called “Immortelle”, its yellow flowers hold the energy from the sun and do not wither. An ally for challenging times, it gently nudges those who have become stuck in out-dated emotional patterns and have lost their center.
This strength helps us tap into our own inner light and allows us to shine free and unbounded onto the world.
Our approach to self-massage isn’t exactly muscular, it works on a cellular and emotional level. It nourishes the body, spirit, and mind while also detoxifying by increasing circulation, enhancing relaxation, and restoring energy.
Self-massage can start as a way to loosen up your muscles and heal joint pain, but you can turn it into a ritual that can teach you to love your body in a whole new way.
TRY: self-massage naked, looking at yourself in the mirror. Throughout this ritual you can choose to focus on all the things you don’t love about your body, or you could use this opportunity to appreciate your strong, beautiful self.