Body Brush | vegan and plastic-free dry brush
Dry brushing holds the power to transform.
Give your body a most excellent exfoliation while invigorating the nervous system with a Dry Brushing Self Ceremony.
We tried many brushes and found that some are too soft, some are made from unsustainable sources or following cruel animal practices.
This is the perfect extra firm brush (very light strokes suggested!) that combines everything we look for in a lymphatic massager, and is aligned with our values.
- oiled Beechwood
- vegan bristles (made from sustainably sourced sisal -fiber from Agave leaves)
- cotton hand strap
- cotton pouch
Dimensions: 5.11 inches / 13 cm
Dry brushing is an excellent all-over bodycare practice. It helps clean out toxins and boost immune function by stimulating the lymphatic fluid. It helps remove dried and dead skin, and brings blood flow to the edges of the body.
How to Dry Brush:
Don't miss our blog post on dry brushing as a ritual for renewal.
For best results:
- Use on dry skin.
- Begin with light, gentle brush strokes and adapt to match the sensitivity of your skin.
- Start at the extremities, brush in short brisk strokes from the tips of the fingers, toes and soles.
- Brush inwards from the outermost points of your body, working rhythmically in longer, and gentle strokes, always towards the heart: upwards on the limbs and downwards on the chest and upper back.
- Brush counterclockwise around the belly. Make circles around the joints, the belly and the backside.
- Spend extra time on any stagnant areas such as the inner thighs or underarms.
- Brush toward the lymph nodes in the armpits, then brush the skin of the lower torso toward the lymph nodes in the groin.
- After dry brushing, follow your usual process of bathing, and be sure to moisturize thoroughly. The exfoliating effects of dry brushing allow body lotions and oils to penetrate the skin more effectively. Hydrating with Body Blessing Oil after dry brushing will further support circulation, reduce stress and let you bask in even more self love.
WORK WITH YOUR OWN NATURAL RHYTHM AND FOLLOW THE CALLS OF YOUR OWN BODY. SLOW DOWN IN AREAS YOU FEEL NEED A BIT MORE LOVE, SUPPORT, AND HELP TO SHED. AS YOU BRUSH, WE INVITE YOU TO REFLECT ON YOUR LESSONS, YOUR CHALLENGES, AND YOUR WINS. BRUSH AWAY ALL THAT YOU’D LIKE TO LET GO OF.To clean your brush:
Clean the bristles several times with a dry cloth or tap the brush on the sink basin, in order to remove any skin particles. You can also spray with water + 5 drops of tea tree essential oil. Let air dry.