sisal sponge scrub
- Round sponge: 5” diameter / 12.7 cm
- Square sponge: 5.5” x 4.5” / 14 cm x 11.4 cm
Don't miss our blog post on dry brushing as a ritual for renewal.
For a firm but gentle exfoliation:
- Soak the sponge and add your favorite liquid soap, squeeze it in to form a nice lather.
- Stroke on wet skin, from the outermost points of your body inwards, working rhythmically in short, and gentle strokes, always towards the heart: upwards on the limbs and downwards on the chest and upper back.
- Stroke counterclockwise around the belly and spend extra time on any stagnant areas.
- Use the strap on the back to get serious and scrub away dry skin of areas that need extra exfoliation and smoothing: the elbows, knees, toes, and the armpits and legs to prep the skin for shaving. This gentle yet intense exfoliation will minimize ingrown hairs and increase the elasticity of the skin, strengthening it over time.
While the pressure should be firm and invigorating, be gentle with your skin; it should feel stimulated, not irritated.
After your usual process of bathing be sure to moisturize thoroughly. The exfoliating effects allow body lotions and oils to penetrate the skin more effectively.
After each use, just rinse your Sisal Sponge with clean, cool water, shake it out, and hang to dry. The faster it dries, the longer it will last.