The timeless medicine of Herbal Smoking
Many folks would be automatically turned off by this subject, as smoking anything in most modern societies is a social taboo.
But when you learn that just about every culture on earth has used the application of herbal smoke inhalation for ages for medicinal purposes (in addition to countless ritual, spiritual, and recreation uses) your perception instantly shifts.
Traditionally, smoking medicinal, non-addictive herbs has been a time honored practice of the healing arts, helping to aid the respiratory system, mind, emotions, and many other bodily systems.
1. Take a moment to admire them, smell the aromas, and notice the different textures that are part of each mix.
2. Set your intentions.
What does your body need? How can this moment support your purpose? Do you want to lead with your heart more today? Enjoy the little things a bit deeper? Is this an opportunity to connect with your intuition? A ritual to release and let go?
Whatever is on your heart, allow your mind to speak it out loud.
We include a Love Note to encourage you in the practice of setting intentions.
3. Place the filter end on your lips and light the other end of the Smoke. Draw the smoke into your mouth and savor it. Release it through the mouth.
- Try to calm the overthinking mind and listen to the plants and the medicine they have to offer. Contemplate the moment.
1. Begin by preparing your herbs. Grab a small pinch and place them in the palm of your hand.
2. Take a moment to admire them. Observe the little petals, smell the aromas, and notice the different textures that are part of each mix.
3. Set your intentions.
With the plant allies still in the palm of your hand, bring your other palm to your heart and speak your intentions for the day. Do you want to lead with your heart more today? Enjoy the little things a bit deeper? Is this an opportunity to connect with your intuition? A ritual to release and let go?
Whatever is on your heart, speak it into the blend.
4. Draw the smoke into your mouth and savor it. Release it through the mouth.
- Try to calm the overthinking mind and listen to the plants and the medicine they have to offer you.
SOME + TIPS:
- Crumble leaves and flower petals until they are small. You could also powder them, if you'd like.
- It’s important to take into consideration the dryness of your blend. A little moisture goes a long way to make an herbal smoking blend more palatable. Herbs that are dried for storage can sometimes get too dry to make a good smoking blend, so spritz it with a little water and store it in a closed container to allow the herbs to absorb the moisture.
+ Adding a little honey to the water is a nice touch, too. The amount of water you need will depend on how dry the herbs are. If you accidentally get things too wet, leave the lid off overnight for some of the water to evaporate. (Via The Herbal Academy)
- If you are using rolling papers, you might want to grind your herbs a little. If you are using a crystal pipe it’s fine for the herbs to be a little coarser, just pack the bowl very tight.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
- For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Even though this is a more natural, chemical-free alternative to tobacco cigarettes, smoking may still be hazardous to your health. This product is intended for recreational and/or ritual use only. By purchasing our pipes, smoking blends and/or pre-rolls , you agree to not hold Self Ceremony responsible for any negative effects that may result from using this product.