“The erotic is a resource within each of us that lies in a deeply female and spiritual plane, firmly rooted in the power of our unexpressed or unrecognized feeling.” - Audre Lorde
Everyone is a sensual Being — but in essence a Women’s power lies in her sensuality.
Little babies are known for instinctively acting on their senses: they use all their 5 senses to let their caretakers know what they need. Then how come that when a Women’s steps into her divine sensual power, her erotic power, that society let us believe that she is being slutty, she is trying to get attention of men, she is probably not intelligent, that it is the opposite of feminism, being sensual is only possible when you are attractive and have a nice body?
The truth is that sensuality means to simply feel deeply: the act of being present, with your senses. It is the ability to connect to, awaken and embody pleasure through sight, taste, smell, touch and sound. It is the essence of your Being, it is your birthright, beautiful soul.
Embracing yourself as a living, breathing, vibrant embodiment of the divine feminine means embracing yourself as being sensual
- Be a Woman who takes pleasure in her senses, who takes pleasure in her body and life
- Be a Woman who is turned on by being herself
- Be a Woman who puts her pleasure first in every aspect of her life (so not only during sex, but also in your career, your hobbies, your art, your household: in every aspect of your Being)
Step into that Truth & Power, Goddess. Embrace yourself, embrace your sensuality, embrace just Being your true Self.
Daily or weekly self-made rituals are a great way to grow into your self-love, body appreciation and sensuality journey. By doing so regularly you will see how easy it will become and how it will change your overall wellbeing
- Take a nice, warm shower – or get even more sensual and take a bubble bath
- Gently exfoliate. Remove excess hair if you prefer smooth skin
- Wash and condition your (body)hair with a delicious-smelling shampoo/conditioner
- Oil your scalp and hair as needed
- Leave your hair down and untied, or in twists/braids/locs
- Oil/moisturize/butter your skin in something that smells amazing. Take your time and massage it with the most concentration. Leave no body part without a glow.
- Spray on your favorite sexy scent
- Put on something made of a fabric that feels luxurious against your skin and looks lovely on you or stay naked.
- Turn on a Sensual Playlist and let your body flow on the music and if you feel comfortable enough watch yourself in a mirror dancing and smile to yourself. Cause you are celestial.
- If you feel like raising these high vibrations: make love to yourself (maybe even by using a Yoni Egg or Yoni Wand) and explore what you like and what you dislike. Pleasure yourself completely, without shame.
Awaken your sensuality through dance
Using dance as a tool and ritual to explore your sensuality and strengthen your love for yourself and your body is my personal favorite as a dancer! Create a safe and sensual space in your home and put some of your favorite music on blast and move! Let your body guide you and let her flow naturally as she wants! Don’t think about how you look or try not to search for the ‘right’ movement — just follow your intuition and let loose: move around, shake yah bum bum, twirl naked or in your underwear, whip your hair, close your eyes, touch yourself, do everything you want.
Feel the high vibrations floating through your body and connect to it — connect to your Self and let that sensual energy fill your entire body! You are magical!